Maritime passive safety to equip the « Vessel of the future » ?
The French Research and Innovation Council for Shipbuilding and Naval Activities (CORICAN) has launched this month an online platform dedicated to shipbuilding research and innovations, which presents the outcomes of prospective studies to define the vessel of tomorrow.
Created in May 2011 by the French government, the CORICAN brings together representatives of the French maritime sector: public actors, NGO, labor unions, companies. Its goal is to stimulate the maritime research, development and innovation, and particularly to define and promote the vessel of the future: a clean, thrifty, safe and intelligent vessel. Thematic workshops have been launched with leaders of the French maritime sector in order to think about possible designs of this “100% ecological” vessel that will navigate at seas all around the world in the coming years.
The Maritime Passive Safety association, through its President Gilles Longuève, sits in the CORICAN steering committee and takes an active part in the discussions of the workshop “Technological choices of the future”. The presence of the emergent maritime passive safety sector in the CORICAN roadmap shows the relevance of these technologies to build a safer and more eco-responsible navigation. One can’t imagine how the maritime passive safety could be left out of the technologies which will equip the vessels of tomorrow.
18 Jun 2013Marine Money Week 2013
25 Jun 2013Seawork International Exhibition
25 Jun 2013TOC Container Supply Chain: Europe
15 Jul 2013World Conference on Transport Research , Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) Read more
03 Sep 2013Offshore Europe
15 Sep 2013IUMI annual Conference 2013http://www.iumi.com/conferences Read more
BREAKING NEWSmaritime safety oil spills shipping – Google News
- Conviction for near miss with container ship - Scoop.co.nz (press release)
- Counterpoint: Safe passage for tankers? - Vancouver Sun
- Les Leyne: Polak's job: Ensure projects are clean - Victoria Times Colonist
- Crowley's Alert Tugboat Recognized for Courage, Teamwork and ... - PR Web (press release)
- Response to Leaking Containers aboard BBC Arizona Concludes ... - Alaska Native News
- EU sulfur targets costly for UK shipping sector - Malaya
- Maritime ICT: a new wave of technology - E&T magazine
- Companies await permits for Alaska Arctic seismic exploration - Alaska Dispatch